Onomastico (Name day) :名前を祝う日
In Italy, you celebrate your name birthday depending on the day of your saint. Supposedly there are more than 365 different names of the saints. August 26 is the day of Saint Alessandro, so it's an opportunity to eat well?! I suppose.
イタリアでは、自分の名前を祝う日がありまして、これは誕生日とは違い、自分と同じか似たような名前の聖人の日に、それを祝うらしい。というわけで、365以上の異なる名前を持つ聖人がいて、8月26日は聖人アレッサンドロの日だそうな。で、多分、何をするのかよくわからないけど、おいしい物を食べる日だと解釈いたしました。
Therefore this menu. I cooked something Alessandro liked. I also bought a bottle of zinfandel. The menu was the steak with Maitake source and melon with prosciutto.
だから、これ。アレッサンドロの好物を料理しました。ジンファンデールっていうアレの好きな赤ワインも添えて。メニューはサイコロステーキの舞茸ソースかけと、メロンのプロシュート添えです。
When Alessandro came back, he looked a little bit surprised. Ale told me that we don't have to celebrate this day as much as our birthday. uhm..
アレが仕事から帰って来て少し驚いたみたい。特に誕生日ほど祝わなくてもいいのだとか。ちっ。
However after Ale saw the cake, he corrected himself, saying "well people do celebrate with good foods. We don't have Saint Emiko, but we have Saint Enrico and that is close enough, so we can celebrate your name birthday now on." Well, since almost all the berries are in season, I made a berry tart. I spent 4 to 5 hours making just the dough of the tart and in the end, it did not even turn out to be good. I learned that making dough of the tart is difficult.
でも、ケーキを見てからは、いやいや、祝うよ。美味しいものでって。でもって、「エミコ」っていう聖人はいないけど、近いところで、聖人エンリコってのがあるから、これからはそれも祝っちゃおうって。いろんなベリーがシーズンなので、ベリータルトを作りました。パイのドウに4、5時間も費やした上に、少し失敗しちゃって、、。タルトの生地は難しいと分りました。
In Italy, you celebrate your name birthday depending on the day of your saint. Supposedly there are more than 365 different names of the saints. August 26 is the day of Saint Alessandro, so it's an opportunity to eat well?! I suppose.
イタリアでは、自分の名前を祝う日がありまして、これは誕生日とは違い、自分と同じか似たような名前の聖人の日に、それを祝うらしい。というわけで、365以上の異なる名前を持つ聖人がいて、8月26日は聖人アレッサンドロの日だそうな。で、多分、何をするのかよくわからないけど、おいしい物を食べる日だと解釈いたしました。
だから、これ。アレッサンドロの好物を料理しました。ジンファンデールっていうアレの好きな赤ワインも添えて。メニューはサイコロステーキの舞茸ソースかけと、メロンのプロシュート添えです。
アレが仕事から帰って来て少し驚いたみたい。特に誕生日ほど祝わなくてもいいのだとか。ちっ。
でも、ケーキを見てからは、いやいや、祝うよ。美味しいものでって。でもって、「エミコ」っていう聖人はいないけど、近いところで、聖人エンリコってのがあるから、これからはそれも祝っちゃおうって。いろんなベリーがシーズンなので、ベリータルトを作りました。パイのドウに4、5時間も費やした上に、少し失敗しちゃって、、。タルトの生地は難しいと分りました。
Labels: Fun

1 Comments:
Saint Enrico and Saint Emiko look close enough.... Its true.
So, maybe, if we will be around California next July the 13th (Saint Enrico day) we could join the celebrations. Also because your berry tart looks wonderful and I hope to try it in the future....
Post a Comment
<< Home