Monday, April 30, 2007

University of California-Berkeley or Stanford University? :
ユーシーバークレー、それとも、スタンフォード?Well, I had a chance to think about these two schools very seriously. Alessandro graduated from Stanford and Enrico, Ale's brother, is graduating from Berkeley soon. Stanford is a private school while Berkeley is a public school. Both are good schools, but the question is which one is better? I checked U.S. New college Ranking 2008.
この二つの大学についてじっくりと考える機会がありました。アレッサンドロはスタンフォード卒業で、アレの弟のエンリコはもうすぐバークレーより卒業予定。スタンフォードは私立で、バークレーは公立。どちらの大学もとてもよいのだけど、問題はどっちがいいかってことです。アメリカのある出版社が行うランキングによると、こんな感じになりました。

National Ranking: 4th Stanford v.s. 21st UC-Berkeley
Business School : 2nd Stanford v.s. 8th UC-Berkeley
Law School : 2nd Stanford v.s. 8th UC-Berkeley
Engineering : 2nd Stanford v.s. 3rd UC-Berkeley
Top 500 World : 2nd Stanford v.s. 3rd UC-Berkeley
Biology : 1st Stanford v.s. 2nd UC-Berkeley

I wanted to check their Japanese programs, but they don't have that information unfortunately.
日本語科のプログラムについても知りたかったのだけど、どうやらそのインフォメーションはなかったのです。
I found a picture in my computer that we all took together at Berkeley 2 years ago. Some people change quite a bit in 2 years, don't you think?
私の古いコンピュータから2年前バークレーでみんなで撮った写真を発見。2年も経てば、とっても変わる人もいると思いませんか?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Carlo said...

Stanford is an artificial product of the capitalism, an institution without a soul, a simple group of buildings.
Berkeley is great, it is the still living product of the past American society based on right principles and freedom.

7:54 PM  
Blogger sacchibelli said...

I fully agree with Carlo. Ale knows what I think about Stanford....

Enrico

P.S. From the technical point of view, I think Stanford is great too, but the life at Berkeley cannot be compared with Stanford. It is a magic place.

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i disagree with scchibelli. A panda kindergarten in Wolong China qualifies as "a magical place". Berkley is just simply "pretty cool".


(full disclosure: i have no idea what the frick I'm talking about, I just really like pandas and couldn't think of anything else to comment)

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home